Kingfisher is a lightweight and pure Swift implemented library for downloading and caching image from the web. This project is heavily inspired by the popular SDWebImage. And it provides you a chance to use pure Swift alternative in your next app.
- Everything in Kingfisher is asynchronous, not only downloading, but also caching. That means you never need to worry about blocking your UI thread.
- Multiple-layer cache. Downloaded images will be cached in both memory and disk. So there is no need to download again, this could boost your app's perceptual speed dramatically.
- Cache management. You can set the max duration or size the cache takes. From this, the cache will be cleaned automatically to prevent taking too many resources.
- Modern framework. Kingfisher uses NSURLSession and the latest technology of GCD, which makes it a strong and swift framework. It also provides you easy APIs to use.
- Cancelable processing task. You can cancel the downloading process if it is not needed anymore.
- Prefetching. You can prefetch and cache the images which might soon appear in the page. It will bring your users great experience.
SDK for Apple
Add default values to optional parameters, which should be a part of 2.2.1