An Android library providing APIs to interact with Beacons
The library allows Android devices to use beacons much like iOS devices do.
- Get notifications when one or more beacons appear or disappear.
- Get a ranging update from one or more beacons at a frequency of approximately 1Hz.
- It also allows Android 5.0 devices to send beacon transmissions, even in the background.
- Wide variety of beacons - The library may be configured to detect a wide variety of beacons. By default, it detects beacons meeting the open AltBeacon standard, but it can be easily configured to work with the most popular beacon types on the market. See the documentation for theBeaconParser class for more info.
- Eddystone Support - Library versions 2.3.5 and higher provide full support for Eddystone, the new beacon format from Google. The library will wake up your app when it detects Eddystone-compatible beacons in the background and provides regular ranging updates while they are in the vicinity. Eddystone-UID (identifier frame), Eddystone-TLM (telemetry frame) and Eddystone-URL (URL frame) are all detected and decoded
SDK for Android
Robolectric upgraded to 3.0. Building project from source now requires com.android.tools.build:gradle:1.2.3
Support detection of Eddystone-UID, Eddystone-TLM and Eddystone-URL
Support transmission of Eddystone-UID and other GATT-based formats
Add more options for parsing identifiers of specific lengths