Volley is an HTTP library that makes networking for Android apps easier and most importantly, faster. Volley is available through the open AOSP repository.
Volley offers the following benefits:
- Automatic scheduling of network requests.
- Multiple concurrent network connections.
- Transparent disk and memory response caching with standard HTTP cache coherence.
- Support for request prioritization.
- Cancellation request API. You can cancel a single request, or you can set blocks or scopes of requests to cancel.
- Ease of customization, for example, for retry and backoff.
- Strong ordering that makes it easy to correctly populate your UI with data fetched asynchronously from the network.
- Debugging and tracing tools.
Volley excels at RPC-type operations used to populate a UI, such as fetching a page of search results as structured data. It integrates easily with any protocol and comes out of the box with support for raw strings, images, and JSON.
A collection of source from different Google projects that may be of use to developers working ot...
The Firebase JobDispatcher is a library for scheduling background jobs in your Android app. It pr...